Technical Specialist - CLAAS Tractors
Grow with us…
Your career won’t go slow with us…
You’ll earn some good dough with us…
We want you to become a pro with us…
You'll be amazed how far you can go with us…
At Landpower and across our CLAAS Harvest Centre network, we’ve seen record sales of our market leading gear, and our teams are absolutely humming as we commit to gearing up our loyal and growing customer base.
We have a genuine career step-up opportunity for an accomplished Ag Machinery Service expert to join our New Zealand Technical Services team, specialising in high-level technical support and development of our service capability for our incredibly successful, premium range of CLAAS Tractors. You will be the direct, key functional point of contact with CLAAS headquarters, while providing your technical expertise and aligning with dealerships and customers across our NZ network to assist with complex troubleshooting and service advice. The role will ideally be based out of our Christchurch office, with periodic travel as you form and maintain relationships across our New Zealand CLAAS Harvest Centre network. Should our preferred candidate be located outside of Christchurch, consideration will be given to be being at an alternative site, with regular travel.
Specific focusses of the role include:
- Being a subject matter expert and talented problem solver for complex technical issues with CLAAS Tractor products
Liaising directly with the CLAAS Technical Support Team as required to manage and resolve Technical issues.
- Co-ordinating the broader communication to service teams via intranet and service bulletins around technical issues and product improvements
- Working closely with the Learning & Development team to assist with the delivery of technical service training sessions, and works with Service Managers to monitor learning needs across the region for more targeted training needs
- Providing expertise to assist and advise Product Management teams as required, to ensure comprehensive knowledge and awareness of equipment performance
- Monitoring and assisting dealerships to manage and adjudicate on warranty claims
You’ll already be well-embedded in the Agricultural market, with a solid background of specific and advanced level service support on Tractors – even better if this is with CLAAS equipment. You may already be in a similar specialist technical services role, or you may be an accomplished technician who’s ready for the step up in their career. You’ll be genuinely passionate about helping others both through swift and effective support, as well as through delivering ongoing technical training and career development. Your communication skills and ability to relate to our dealerships and our customers via in-person, phone and email based interactions will be strong.
As a family-owned business our ambition and drive for success is evident in everything we do – from premium, leading brands, to investment in our network, to our commitment to our growth. Our people tell us that as a family-owned business they genuinely feel part of a family – we don’t feel like a corporate, everyone supports each other, our leaders are more accessible, decisions are easier to make, and the environment feels more welcoming to each and every member of our team. They also tell us that working with some of the market’s best equipment and technology is incredibly rewarding and valuable to their career journey.
Keen for a copy of the position description, more info or to get the ball rolling? Contact Ryan Mahalm on:
- We’re part of the largest privately-owned farm machinery distributor in Australasia with a network of 32 dealers across NZ and Australia
- We have well-equipped and well-organised facilities located in the heart of NZ and Australia's busiest agricultural hubs
- We sell and support premium agricultural brands
- We give our people access to incredible international knowledge and resources, career pathways -we have a true commitment to the development of our people
- We’re stable, we’re organised and we’re focussed on the safety and wellbeing of everyone in today’s unique world
Get in touch
Got a question? We'd love to hear from you.