Technical Learning and Development Specialist
A lead role in the priority 1 people project, in the top 5 priorities for the executive and board
- The scope to create a ‘step-up’ approach on how we deliver learning solutions for our people that enables both their growth and the company’s
- The opportunity to mould and shape our Apprenticeship programmes
- A dedicated team working alongside you in delivering the best of L&D to our people
Who we are:
Landpower & the CLAAS Harvest Centre branches import, distribute and service quality agriculture plant and equipment. Our network represents some of the agriculture industry’s most advanced and respected brands and equipment ranges including CLAAS, GRIMME & Amazone, and as such we’re part of a highly regarded international network. Working across Australia and New Zealand we provide the machinery and expertise that drives farm sustainability and productivity. We are quietly proud when we deliver on “Our Purpose: Gearing Up Farmers to Succeed”.
What you will do:
In this role, with your passion for all things technical, you will be sparking and feeding that flame in others as you lead in the design, development and implementation of learning & development strategies focussing on the areas of technical services, parts, products, systems, and health & safety. This is the quintessential ‘come and leave your legacy’ role – what you design and deliver will have a significant impact on both the success of our people and our business.
Reporting to the General Manager of People & Culture and working very closely with the Learning and Organisational Development Specialist and business subject matter experts, you will lead our technical training offering to ensure our people are ready for the future of ag machinery maintenance and service. We want to ‘grow more of our own’ and we need clever and passionate people like you to unlock the solutions on how we can achieve that.
This diverse, leadership role will see you:
- Working across our ANZ footprint to ensure we are providing a range of learning pathways for our people
- Developing our Landpower Academy – bespoke training facilities that provide the best and latest product training
- Leading a team of Apprentice Trainers in ensuring our future Technicians are geared up for success
- Designing and refining our technical service learning & development training so that it is continuously fit for purpose
- Linking in with our European suppliers and collaborating on training solutions that work for our Australian & New Zealand teams
Success in this role will be the Landpower and CLAAS Harvest Centre brands being the employer of choice for those considering a career in ag tech services, creating stronger talent pipelines of technicians, parts interpreters, product specialists and system savvy people, and our people across ANZ proudly being the most capable, well equipped, and well prepared in the industry.
You will bring:
- A bold energy, where large programmes of work excite rather than daunt you
- Over five years’ experience in a technically focussed learning & development role – preferably within the agricultural sector or similar e.g., auto-industry, transport, construction, mining, etc
- The drive to see employees reach their potential through your training, support and guidance
- Experience in the creation, delivery, and administration of apprenticeships or similar, and an understanding of tertiary education requirements
- The desire to work within a team environment where you have the support to deliver a wide range of training, and also provide your support and expertise to others
- Strategic thinking and planning capability with an emphasis on developing existing, and creating new learning modules
- The willingness to be based in either Melbourne, Australia (preferred) or Christchurch, NZ
Our culture is what keeps our people here (we know that because when we asked, they told us!) and our Values are real – not just posters on the wall. We are grounded, we talk straight, and long-term relationships are key to success in what we do. Learning and Development is tangibly invested in – you’ll Keep Growing with us as this dynamic business continues to go from strength to strength.
Why wouldn’t you want to be part of that success??!!!
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion call Matt Wright on 03 9373 4397.
Get in touch
Got a question? We'd love to hear from you.